Wedding Suppliers can make your wedding day your dream day, but they can also very quickly turn it into your nightmare if you choose the wrong person for the day.
It is essential to ask your wedding suppliers the right questions.
Here is a quick guide into questions you should ask your wedding suppliers before paying any deposit.
- Is your date available?
- Are they licenced for civil ceremonies?
- How many Guests are they able to cater for?
- What is included in the wedding package
- How many weddings do they hold on any one day?
- Do they have accommodation? Is there enough for all of your Guests?
- Do they have any restrictions on suppliers?
- Do they have a sound limiter in place? – (You will need to advise your Entertainment of this, before your Wedding day)
- Do they provide all items such as cutlery, crockery, and glassware?
- Do they provide waiting staff? How many for the number of Guests that you are looking to invite?
- Will they prepare the food fresh at the Wedding Venue?
- How many Events do they cater for on any one day?
- Have they worked at your Chosen Venue before?
- Will they assist in setting up the tables also, including placing table names, etc.?
- Do they allow a tasting session? – Is there a charge?
- Do they cater to special dietary requirements?
- What flowers do they recommend for the date of your Wedding – What is in season?
- Do they use fresh flowers, silk, foam, etc.?
- Will they deliver the arrangements to the wedding venue and set them up in the correct place?
- Can they reproduce ideas that you have seen on Pinterest etc.?
- Can they provide advice to you on what style of bouquet would best suit the style of your wedding dress?
- What is their specialist style of photography? Candid, Documentary, Portrait, Formal, etc.
- How long after the wedding can you see the proofs?
- Do they have a contingency plan in the event of illness or if their equipment breaks?
- Do they offer a pre-wedding shoot?
- How long will they be present on your wedding day?
- Will they have an assistant on the day?
- Will they require any food to be provided on your wedding day?
- Can they advise on what size of cake you will need for all of your Guests?
- What type of cake (sponge, fruit, etc.) and what fillings can they offer you?
- Do they provide you with a tasting sample?
- Will they provide a cake stand and knife?
- Will they deliver and set up at the Wedding Venue?
- Can they recreate an image that you have seen on Pinterest etc.?
- How much space will they need?
- Will they play requests from playlists
- Will they cater for all ages of your Guests
- How will they get your guests up on the dance floor?
- How long will they perform?
- Will they require any food?
- How long will they need to set up?
- Do you need to book an appointment?
- How far in advance should you order your dress?
- Do they do alterations? How much would this be?
- Will they store your dress until you are ready to collect it
- Do they offer a storage and protection box for the dress after the wedding?
- How many fittings will you need to have?
After the crazy year of the Pandemic that nobody could have predicted, it is also finding out what each of the Wedding Suppliers’ cancellation policies are.
Finally, when looking at your wedding suppliers, you should ensure that you do the following for all of them?
Get recommendations, or check out testimonials.
For more help on sourcing Wedding Suppliers, why not contact me about my Supplier Sourcing service. Details can be found on the Services page of my Website, or call me on 07980 679575 or drop me an email email@example.com
For more planning advice and tips, click on the links below to follow me on Social Media.
(Photo credits: Pixabay)